After deleting a User profile Service Application, we may want to clear up the corresponding managed account that we have created for the Service Application.
But we get the above error when we try to deleted the acount from CA-> Securtiy->Configure Managed Accounts.
To resolve this error, we have to use SharePoint PowerShell,
- Go to Start->Microsoft SharePoint 2010 Products->SharePoint 2010 Management Shell
- Paste this commend on the shell “Get-SPServiceApplicationPool” (get a list of the Service Application Pools)
- The run the following cmdlet “Remove-SPServiceApplicationPool” and press enter key.
- The the service application pool and press enter
- Remove the Managed account via PowerShell by following cmdlets